About 15 minutes from Manciano, there is the characteristic hamlet of Poggio Murella.
An enchanting village of ancient origins, Poggio Murella seems to have been born in Roman times with the name of Pago Lucretio, near Saturnia. In 1500 the village was known with the name of Poggio di Saturnia.
What to see in Poggio Murella:
- CHURCH OF SAN GIUSEPPE, built in the nineteenth century by the will of one of the most important characters of Poggio Murella, Giuseppe Zammarchi, is officially the parochial seat since 1957
- PALAZZO ZAMMARCHI, owned by one of the most influential families of Poggio Murella, the building is located in the main square of the town
- FOUNTAINS, just outside the town, there are three fountains, but the main ones are the Fonte del Podere and the Fonte delle Piane
- CASTELLUM AQUARUM, a large cistern divided into ten naves surmounted by barrel vaults, of Roman origin