The village of Manciano
The Historic Center of the town of Manciano preserves a precious historical-artistic heritage, made up of monuments and ancient buildings, which testify to the past, history and centuries passed, offering art lovers the opportunity to admire creations dating back to the medieval period and Renaissance.
– Church of San Leonardo, it is a building erected in the first half of the fourteenth century, in Romanesque-Gothic style, the current appearance, however, is due to renovations carried out in the following centuries, the bell tower that adjoins the structure dates back to 1700.
–Church of the Santissima Annunziata, a sacred building located outside the city walls, was erected during the 1500s.
– Walls of Cinta, a structure erected during the second half of 1200 under the government of the Aldobrandeschi family, is in excellent condition and has the presence of numerous watchtowers.
– Rocca Aldobrandesca, symbol of the town, was built during the 12th century as the residence of the Aldobrandeschi family.
–Torre dell’Orologio, Renaissance monument, erected during the period of the Sienese domination.
– Fountain of Piazza Garibaldi, a monument built in Art Nouveau style in the early decades of the 1900s, was erected to celebrate the opening of the Fiora Aqueduct, the project was carried out by Pietro Aldi, a well-known local artist.